Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's all in a days work

 So, today was spent taking care of the many chores around the yard that needed taking care of. Two just so happened to be on my week’s chore list… I spent about twenty minutes tending to the rabbits before getting my shovel. I left the gloves behind though! 

I cleaned up the manure/compost pile, and I’ve gained almost two whole feet of space. I basically just took what was from the front of the pile and moved it all to the back of the pile. It was pretty vigorous work, but more than worth it. 

Here are the before and after pictures. 



It's a compost/manure pile, so of course it's not the prettiest thing on the "farm", but I must say it looks better after. 
I also de-leafed a part of the herb garden, the only part with leaves in it actually. It was the Sage, Peppermint, Lavender, and Chamomile. 

Before and after:




Now all that's left is to clean the cages. I think I'll add some more things to the list, since I checked these two things off on the first day.

1. Clean rabbits cages
2. Cull 2 rabbits
3. Tattoo 5 rabbits

I'd also like to make some home made teething biscuits and some trail mix this week. 

That girl being, Me

1 comment:

  1. So many interesting chores and projects you have. Glad you visited today!

    ReplyDelete